Monday 2 December 2013

Dickensian Weekend at Ulverston


I seem to be a week behind with my posts! Never mind - life has a habit of intervening!  This has been a week of the unexpected to say the least...Anyway a week ago we went to the Dickensian event in Ulverston - heaps of atmosphere and well worth a visit. Captured some of the characters on camera and did the rounds of the vintage fairs and shops, just like this crinoline lady below!
 Some photos of the big parade - no occasion complete in South Cumbria without St Andrew's Pipe Band


















Lots of lovely people!

I succumbed to some vintage purchases ....
Lovely little evening jacket and fake fur collar (bought separately but they do go together)
And then this dress - very 1960's Jackie Kennedy  - just need  a pill box hat!
I'm coming up to a BIG birthday and I though would be great for the celebration...
It's also a great mother of the bride dress - but they're all married already....I could hire myself out for vintage events........


Hopefully if nothing else befalls our family I'll be  back soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment