Monday 25 November 2013

A Vintage Weekend

Another month has gone by ..... Its not that I haven't been doing anything - I just haven't had time to blog about it.
A couple of weekends ago  we took our vintage kids clothes to the Barrow Dock Museum Vintage Christmas  Event and we ( youngest daughter and I ) had a great time.  Not only did we sell loads we also had a bit of a spend. How does that happen? We go with the intention of being really frugal and then there are loads of lovely vintage things......  

My 2 best finds were the fake astrakhan jacket  (modelled here by Dolores the Dressmaking Dummy) and the little brooch. 

 I've hardly taken the jacket off since I bought it.  It's nowhere near as heavy as the real thing and it makes it more wearable.  The little glitzy floral brooch reminds me of one my mother had.  I've still got it but lots of the stones are missing.  
How often when you buy vintage are you trying to recreate the past as you remember it?  I notice lots of mums buy our 1970's clothes for their children, because that's the era they grew up in.  Personally I like the 1950's best...does that give away my age?







2 comments:

  1. That coat is beautiful ... just what I am looking for!
    I am a child of the 80s but I too prefer the 50s. I did try to dress my son in vintage for while but at 10 he is now a little more vocal about what he does and doesn't want to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jacket is beautiful and your brooch looks perfect on it.

    ReplyDelete