Tuesday 29 October 2013

Dad has arrived!


Just looking back and it's over 3 weeks since my last post!! So much for thinking I was going to do this regularly!  
15th October was D day (Dad day) and he's now in my house with me.  Here he is on his exercise bike in the shed (excuse the mess)  -   88 and still keeping fit!!!
We had a bit of a family party to welcome him - catering by St Michael - I wasn't organised enough to cook properly.  All 10 of us squeezed around the table.  I'm in the market for more chairs and just before he arrived I found a lovely bentwood chair at a vintage fair at Bardsea.


  
Isn't the pattern on the seat fabulous?  It reminds me of the long gone Italian Ice cream parlour I used to go to with Mum when I was little....... 
Not keen on matching sets of chairs 

And at the same vintage fair I also couldn't resist this refurbished sewing box.  The interior is original and beautiful.  At the moment it seems to be full of dolls (thank-you grandchild number 2)   but soon I'll get organised and put my quilting in it.

Hoping I can get to the next Bardsea Fair in November -  need more chairs.........





2 comments:

  1. Oh, your dad looks so happy! Brings tears to my eyes. i miss my dad so much. He went to heaven in January. You are so blessed to have this time with your dad. Enjoy all the moments!
    I do love that chair! It is really pretty! I like the sewing box, too. Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heather, your Dad looks as though he's settled in nicely ... Glad you liked the sewing chest, and that chair is just lovely, I remember the seat pattern too ... Maybe from the same ice cream parlour!

    Hope to see you soon

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete