Sunday 6 October 2013

Last Roses of Summer

As this Sunday is a grey and miserable day I was doing some indoor things and one of them was downloading photos.   I remembered I'd taken some pics in the garden exactly a week ago when the sun was shining.  I'm wondering now if that was the Indian Summer we hope for, or whether we'll get a second shot at it.....
Anyway, just to cheer me up here are some flowers that are still giving pleasure 


One single bloom of Graham Thomas - I love the way a lot of roses have a proper name, feels like you can get to know them, Graham is very robust.....




Madame Alfred Carriere, a blowsy  French Lady, keeps coming back just when you think she's finished






and here's Jude the Obscure in front of a hydrangea that's now in it's third garden - the previous 2 owners didn't like it! Their loss I think!!  
Jude has been a late starter this year but worth the wait as I always think he smells of Chardonnay!
Lastly  one of my triumphs - a dahlia the slugs didn't get!!!!!


Breaking news! Just caught a shaft of sunlight coming in the window - perhaps it's brightening up


4 comments:

  1. I love that Jude the Obscure smells of Chardonnay! I hope you had some sunshine of the weekend - it's been lovely in Somerset.
    Barbara
    marchhousebookscom.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the roses have names but I never remember them lol. I think I will have to keep a garden diary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed that you know the names of the roses!
    I would never be able to distinguish them from one another.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers. Today in Colorado it is really cold. 33 degrees F right now! Too cold too fast!! Happy to find your sweet blog!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete