Friday 20 September 2013

Wet and Windy in Morecambe

You know when I started doing this blog - I thought it would be easy to do a couple of posts a week - Ha!  Its now 10 days since the last one - all sorts of garbage got in the way and some good things as well!
One of the good things was on Sunday we ( youngest daughter and I ) went to the vintage fair in Morecambe.  I freaked out on the Friday before because I read that North Western coastal towns would be hit by 70 mph gales on the Sunday and there would be structural damage.... not too keen on driving anyway... so had a bit of a panic on.  As it happened I got there OK before the weather took a really bad turn, met the daughter (Rachel), who came up from Preston and we got the stuff into the venue before it poured!  It did the cats and dogs while we were in there - but when we came out the sun was shining!  Sadly the weather had a bit of an impact on the number of people who turned up - but it gave us more chance to talk to people! and to be silly in the photo booth!

Other good things that have happened - Middle granddaughter started school and loves it! She's  so keen to get there it's upsetting, no time for the last minute cuddle..... but it's so much easier than if she didn't want to go.
The lovely little coat in one of the other posts has sold - I get attached to things - I could do a whole item on the things I really liked that I had to let go....but everytime something sells I cheer myself up by getting new stock in, retail therapy!!!
We've just started a Facebook page for the vintage stuff, of course Rachel set it up.   I am a complete imbecile on Facebook  I never know now whether I'm commenting as me or as my alter ego Edith and Rose - that's the problem with getting old, technology gets to be a mystery..... If I ever work out how to do it I'll put a link to Facebook on this site....

No comments:

Post a Comment