Thursday 8 August 2013

York

Just been to York for a few days on a last minute dot com type of booking. Hotel was a bit Fawlty Towers but then again it was cheap, cheap, cheap!
This isn't a picture of the hotel, this is a much more impressive establishment!










Tried very hard to take photos in the city but it was so full of people I ended up taking shots above their heads - these are the only ones that worked out!
  

Went to the Quilting museum but couldn't take pictures inside because the lighting has to be low to keep the quilts in good condition, and couldn't take pictures outside of St Anthony's Hall because the gas company had dug up the pavement!

However I did get these lovely fat quarters with a sewing theme to make a huge bag to put my quilting things in




2 comments:

  1. I must go to York again soon, long time since I've been! Anywhere with a Betty's tearoom is my kind of place ...

    Glad you had a good time, and the fabric is lovely!

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through York yesterday on a train to Co. Durham and thought I really must go there again. It's been an embarrassing 30 years I think! Another trip for me to plan! Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete