Wednesday 28 August 2013

Quilting Group

 I've just got back from the quilting group meeting -  I haven't been doing this for very long. I've started a sampler quilt and I the idea was to have finished a block before the meeting comes around, but this month it didn't quite work out and I seem to be falling behind...
I love fabrics and I chose American Civil War designs which are a bit dark but remind me of cosy winter days in front of the fire.  Will be ready for winter 2014 if I don't get a move on.....
Here are some of the blocks I've finished.  Not sure what colour to use for sashing or borders, any ideas?












On the left is  Star Choice, on the right is Rolling Pinwheel - can you spot the mistake? I'll be unpicking it in a minute








This one is Tulip and at this moment it's my favourite, but Rolling Stone on the right - I haven't got enough contrast in the colours and it doesn't show up very well 



and these are the first two  I did, Streak of Lightning - easy squares and Rocky Road - first attempt at triangles....
Experienced quilters - any advice welcome.......


1 comment:

  1. I'd love to do more quilting.I think its beautiful and some people are just amazing! I'm a beginner too so cant advise you but there are some great tutorials on youtube and some of the blogging community are brilliant!Always willing to share ideas.

    ReplyDelete